Membership Excellence 2022 is the largest membership focused national conference for the membership sector in the UK. It is the ‘go to’ one-day event that will enable you to establish best practice from high profile membership bodies, hear inspirational speakers, network with fellow membership professionals, and horizon search the latest membership focused solutions.
This will be our 18th national conference and we look forward to welcoming circa 500 senior membership and association professional delegates.
We provide an overview of this year’s themed seminar streams below:
- MAKING MEMBERSHIP ESSENTIAL KEYNOTE STREAM – Speakers from our Influence 100 talk about how they make their membership essential: giving something of value for free to hook new members, moving from transactional membership to emotional relationships, using service design to improve the member experience, working together as an Alliance to meet member needs, stripping back member comms to improve engagement, curating CPD pathways in online learning platforms, overhauling your value proposition for the 21st century.
- ESSENTIAL APPROACHES TO MEMBER VALUE AND ENGAGEMENT STREAM – Topics covering changing your membership value proposition to make it essential, using segmentation and personas to improve engagement, improving engagement using your member journal, launch of the new THINK research report, repositionining from insurance provider to trade union, getting members involved in governance processes, getting members to run their own services.
- ESSENTIAL APPROACHES TO RUNNING YOUR MEMBERSHIP BODY STREAM – Topics covering doing an effective governance review, hiring and keeping the right staff, the new Influence 100 financial benchmarking report, giving members opportunities to volunteer, getting your vision mission and strategy right, advocacy skills for your member’s workforce, linking membership to competency to improve retention.
- INDUSTRY EXPERT INSIGHT STREAM – Explore the latest membership focused solutions LIVE from the sector’s leading suppliers.
We recommend booking your delegate place(s) early. You will also be able to take advantage of some great booking offers and promotions that enable up to 40% off the standard ticket price.
Our conference features 28+ LIVE sessions facilitated by 25+ membership expert speakers conducting senior member focused management, leadership and CEO roles.
Find out what makes our conference and exhibition different below….
What makes our conference different?
Authenticity & Trust – Our growing network is unique and unrivaled. It is owned and run entirely by practicing membership/association professionals and this ensures learning/networking opportunities are authentic and 100% educational in nature.
High Quality Educational Content Delivery – Each and every session in our comprehensive program features at least 3 educational learning objectives and this provides significant value to delegates. All conferences are formally accredited by the CPD Standards Office.
A Great All-Round Delegate Experience – We work hard to exceed delegate expectations and thanks to strong partner working with leading sector suppliers we subsidise the cost of attending from as little as £170 (excluding VAT) per person.
A Rich and Targeted Format – We deliver 4 separate targeted 30-minute educational seminar streams that enables delegates to explore content no matter what their job role, whether member facing or behind the scenes.
“My first MemberWise conference and as a relatively newcomer to the member sector, I found both the sessions and networking opportunities incredibly useful and inspiring.”
“I have been every year for the past 4 years. Each year I find out new things & meet interesting people!’
“If you work in the Membership Space there is only one event to go to and this is it!”
Seminar Stream Topics
MAKING MEMBERSHIP ESSENTIAL KEYNOTE STREAM – Hear from Influence 100 organisations about how they are making their membership essential.
ESSENTIAL APPROACHES TO MEMBER VALUE AND ENGAGEMENT STREAM – Topics covering projects that involve improving member value and increasing member engagement.
ESSENTIAL APPROACHES TO RUNNING YOUR MEMBERSHIP BODY STREAM – Topics covering areas such as people management, leadership, governance, CPD and finance.
SUPPLIER SHOWCASE STREAM – Explore the latest member focused solutions LIVE from the sector’s leading suppliers.
Membership Body Case Studies
- BCS – Chartered Institute of IT
- British Institute of Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom Installation (BIKBBI)
- British Veterinary Nurses Association (BVNA)
- Carers UK
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- Forum of Private Business
- Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
- Kew Gardens
- The Landscape Institute
- The Law Society
- Make UK Defence
- The Microbiology Society
- Open University Students Association
- The Ramblers
- Recuitment and Employment Confederation (REC)
- Royal British Legion
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal Statistical Society
1) You will gain unique and unparalleled insight/knowledge from fellow professionals
2) Meet and build relationships with professionals with a similar interest in membership
3) Our themed seminar tracks provide you with targeted, rich and relevant educational content
4) You will almost certainly return to the office with practical member focused ideas and solutions
5) You will gain a better understand sector-wide goals and challenges
6) Engage with experts who are delivering ‘great things’ for membership bodies
7) Meet the leading solution providers in the membership/association sector
8) Understand what tomorrow’s membership landscape will look like
9) Be a part of our growing professional membership focused community/movement
10) It’s important to take ‘time out of the office’ and consider ‘what could be’!