About Our Conference & ExhibitionThe largest membership focused best practice conference & exhibition in the UK/EU.
Membership Excellence 2021 is the largest membership focused national conference in the UK/EU. It is the ‘go to’ one-day event that will enable you to establish best practice from high profile membership bodies, hear inspirational speakers, network with fellow membership professionals, and horizon search the latest membership focused solutions.
This will be our 16th national conference and we look forward to welcoming circa 800 senior membership and association professional delegates. Our delegates explain why you should attend in the video below!
Our last national conference attracted 700 delegates and most official stakeholder opportunities were sold-out two months before the event.
We provide an overview of this year’s themed seminar streams below:
GAME CHANGER KEYNOTE STREAM – Membership as a Movement for Social Change, Fighting Crime as a Member Benefit, Engaging Younger Members Panel, Membership Strategy and Change, Modernising Membership for the Next 100 Years, Membership Mergers and Acquisitions, Volunteering as a Crucial Activity for Members.
VALUE AND BENEFITS STREAM – Membership Change Strategy, Using Research to Develop Membership Models, Building Membership Insights, Documentary Film Making to Promote your Members, Member Awards Ceremonies, Offering Members Funding as a Key Benefit, Exploring Workplace Wellbeing for Your Members.
STRATEGY AND LEADERSHIP STREAM – Improving Diversity at Board and SMT Level, Helping Boards Support CEOs, Membership Strategy, Business Strategy with Member Input, Line Management: From Head to Director, Using Governance to Create Social Impact, International Strategic Partnerships.
ENGAGEMENT AND PARTICIPATION STREAM – Harnessing Members’ Skills for Volunteering, Members as Campaigners, Getting Regions to Create Engagement Opportunities.
ADVOCACY AND COMMUNICATIONS STREAM – The Power of Member Collectivism, Improving the Diversity of your Membership, Finding a Brand Voice, Member Influence through Public Policy.
CPD AND WELLBEING STREAM – CPD and the Benefit Mindset, Mental Health for Professional Bodies, Nurturing your People and your Members, Building Resilience.
GOING GLOBAL, ACTING LOCAL STREAM – Creating a Diverse Global Network, Global Professionalism, Regional Network Success.
We recommend booking your delegate place(s) early. You will also be able to take advantage of some great booking offers and promotions that enable up to 40% off the standard ticket price.
Our conference features an incredible 53+ educational sessions facilitated by 65+ membership expert speakers conducting senior member focused management, leadership and CEO roles. Meet our speakers…
Find out what makes our conference and exhibition different below!
What makes our conference different?
Authenticity & Trust – Our growing network is unique and unrivaled. It is owned and run entirely by practicing membership/association professionals and this ensures learning/networking opportunities are authentic and 100% educational in nature.
High Quality Educational Content Delivery – Each and every session in our comprehensive program features at least 3 educational learning objectives and this provides significant value to delegates. All conferences are formally accredited by the CPD Standards Office.
A Great All-Round Delegate Experience – We work hard to exceed delegate expectations and thanks to strong partner working with leading sector suppliers we subsidise the cost of attending from as little as £165 (excluding VAT) per person.
A Rich and Targeted Format – This year we deliver 8 separate targeted 30-minute educational seminar streams and enable delegates to explore content via member focused themed tags. Take a look…
“I have been every year for the past 4 years. Each year I find out new things & meet interesting people!’
“My first MemberWise conference and as a relatively newcomer to the member sector, I found both the sessions and networking opportunities incredibly useful and inspiring.”
“If you work in the Membership Space there is only one event to go to and this is it!”
Seminar Stream Topics
- Membership is Changing the World Keynotes
- Value & Benefits
- Strategy & Leadership
- Engagement & Participation
- CPD & Wellbeing
- Global & Local
- Advocacy & Communications
- Supplier Seminars
Membership Body Case Studies
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Association of Professional Sales
- Badminton England
- BCS (Chartered Institute for IT)
- British Argentina Chamber of Commerce
- British Chamber of Commerce
- British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- British Small Animals Veterinary Association (BSAVA)
- British Veterinary Association (BVA)
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- Chartered Institutution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
- Employee Ownership Association
- Enterpreneurs Organisation (EO)
- Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Health (RSRH)
- Healthcare Infection Society
- House of St Barnabus Club
- Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
- Institute of Quarrying
- Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- London Library
- Magistrates Association
- Middlesex University Students’ Union
- Royal British Legion
- Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
- Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
- Royal Society of Biology
- Royal Statistical Society
- The Eden Project
- UK Active
- UK Finance
- Women’s Equality Party
- Youth Business International
- Establish how to plan and deliver effective member focused development & change
- Increase internal efficiency & effectiveness via new member focused approaches
- Be inspired to enhance (or create) a clearer Member Value Proposition (MVP)
- Optimise member engagement, participation & growth
- Learn how to improve your current member retention levels
- Know how to increase new member acquisition potential
- Ensure key member facing online functions are ‘fighting fit’
- Benchmark with leading membership bodies
- Establish how successful membership are ‘getting it right’
- Ensure you are aligned with 21st Century Member Expectations