Topics & Themes
Welcome to the Membership Excellence 2020 conference website. Here we provide you with an overview of this year’s membership focused programme, themes and topics.
INTERESTING FACT: 97% of delegates return to the office and change/develop at least one member focused activity.
Membership Excellence 2020 will be our biggest and most adventurous membership focused conference in our 11 year history. Delegates can expect inspirational member focused educational content from the word ‘go’.
- This year we introduce a full-day member value optimisation seminar track (in response to sector demand)
- Exciting new themes include Global & Local, CPD & Well-being, Advocacy & Communications, and engagement and participation
- Most of our speakers work at manager, head of, director and/or CEO level roles
- Our programme delivers high level strategic insight and practical operational/technical experience/knowledge
- A designated member-focused Strategy and Leadership seminar track aimed at those working as Heads and Directors of member-facing functions returns for the second year
- Our venue is purpose built (Hotel Novotel London West in Hammersmith) and allows us to expand our delegate numbers from 700 to circa 800
- A larger trade exhibition space (featuring 48+ leading suppliers) and video wall (streaming keynote sessions live)
- Our re-engineered and co-curated programme features inspirational keynote sessions and interactive seminars;
- More highly targeted content to meet the diverse needs of key member facing segments within the Network such as membership type, sector, reach and size;
- Reaffirmed focus on member retention, recruitment, engagement/participation, value and growth;
- Our dedicated #MEMX2020 App enables delegates to register their break out session attendance in advance and create a personalised digital programme.
Below is an overview of the themes within each of our streams:
KEYNOTE TRACK – How to engage younger members, Creating a Member Value Proposition, Member Acquisition, Corporate Membership Recruitment Strategy, Engaging Member Content and Communications, Relationship Building with Members, Membership Strategy, Membership Culture.
MEMBERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS TRACK – Relationship Mapping for Member Engagement, Aligning Membership & Commercial Strategies, Communicating Member Value, Member Recruitment through CPD, Making Meaningful Member Connections, Website Transformation, Meeting Diverse Needs through Segmentation, Integrated Direct Marketing.
CPD/LEARNING TRACK – Supporting Members with Enhanced CPD, Corporate Membership CPD, Mandatory Assessment, CPD Strategy.
STRATEGY & LEADERSHIP TRACK – Getting the Board to Agree with Proposals, Future CEO Skills, The Female CEO, Authentic Leadership Styles.
GOVERNANCE TRACK – Governance Openness and Transparency, The Value of Governance Globally, Undertaking a Governance Review, Increasing Member Participation in Governance.
MEMBER RESEARCH TRACK – Using Research to Create a Member Focus, The Commercial Power of Research, Segmentation Research, Research-Led Workforce Planning.
FACE TO FACE ENGAGEMENT TRACK – Creating an Events Calendar, Member Spaces and On-site Benefits, Mystery Shopping, Maximising Membership through Visitors.
MEMBERSHIP OPERATIONS TRACK – Effective Restructures in Membership Departments, Membership Growth & Outsourcing, Digitising Direct Debit, Effective Registration Systems.
PARTNER SHOWCASE TRACKS – Providers will showcase CRM Solutions, CMS Solutions, Print & Fulfilment, Telemarketing and Online Community Platforms.
Each session will deliver at least 3 educational learning objectives and these can be explored via our interactive programme. Click on ‘Programme’ menu option above and explore the diversity and quantity of content that will be delivered this year.