1.8 – Volunteers: The Heartbeat of British Sport
4:40 pm - 5:10 pm
This session is led by Nick Rimmer, Head of Development at Badminton England which is the national governing sports body for Badminton. They are on target to achieve 100,000 members, the vast majority of which are volunteers. This session will focus on the critical role that volunteers play in one of the nations most participated sports.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Volunteers play a vital role in players qualifying for the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- The YONEX All England Championships (the greatest badminton Championships in the World) are delivered by volunteers
- 4 million people play badminton every year in local communities across the country so volunteers are the beating heart of grass roots sport.
This session has the following learning outcomes:
- How their first National Volunteers Conference is now a regular event;
- How to recruit and retain 150,000 volunteers every year;
- Using videos to recruit and thank you’s to retain volunteers.